GLOBAL BUSINESS UNIT HEAD
BRIEF COMPANY PROFILE
Our client is a medium-sized global MedTech company headquartered in the Öresund region with several years of history developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products globally to health care professionals.
Driven by a set of strong values, and with a promising pipeline of new groundbreaking products, our client offers a challenging position in an informal – though dedicated and dynamic – global organization with a high degree of interorganizational collaboration and focus on joint effort and commitment.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Senior Vice President, CMO the position will be responsible for the continued growth and expanding portfolio of Enterology & Urology products.
The role will be instrumental in planning, developing and executing the product strategies and roadmaps for the ENT and Urology portfolios. Moreover, the role will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of global product management and business strategies while managing associated portfolio planning, investment and development activity to meet requirements of the markets – globally.
The Head of ENT & Urology will also be responsible for coaching and developing an expanding team of Product Managers and related personnel.
Business Unit Head
Corporate Senior Vice President, CMO
30-40 days per year.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for the ENT & Urology product portfolio.
- Driving the commercial strategies and vision for the product portfolios, including product development, development of roadmap, go-to market strategies, launch planning and life cycle management activities.
- Ensuring optimal segmentation and targeting.
- Conducting market analysis and providing marketing insights and direction for new products.
- Creating the value proposition, positioning statement and key sales messages for current and future products.
- Driving the ENT & Urology product roadmap.
- Ensuring optimal market development and penetration across the product portfolios.
- Tracking and evaluating product performance and sales results post-launch.
- Delivering effective product training strategies and execution to the frontline sales organization.
- Creating and managing key opinion leader relationships.
- Managing, developing and motivating the team.
Key success criteria:
- Ensuring continuous development and growth of the ENT & Urology product portfolios.
- Demonstrating decisive and successful leadership of product strategies and activities.
- Setting clear direction and expectation for the team while creating followership.
- Ensuring seamless and successful cooperation with key stakeholders.
Relevant education – preferably at Masters level.
English – fluent (verbally and written).
Ideal experience and competencies:
- 6+ years relevant work experience from a similar position.
- Experience in leading large complex projects in a global/regional organization.
- Experience in driving product portfolio strategies.
- In depth experience within ENT and/or Urology.
- Experience with capital equipment/hospital sales products.
- Proven track-record with global/regional product launches is an advantage.
- Preferably upstream and downstream experience.
- Strong product management toolbox.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare sector.
- Strong commercial acumen and broad experience from working in a global/HQ or regional/HQ setting.
Communicates the central issues in a discussion in a clear, fluent and precise manner, and is able to keep the recipients' attention. Is attentive to the needs of others when speaking and produces written material which is clear, fluent and precise.
Is able to establish and maintain relations with people at all levels internally as well as externally, and make people feel at ease. Achieves agreement by dealing with disagreements and potential conflicts with diplomatic skills. Develops and maintains networks.
Inspires others, creates followership and encourages the achievement of joint set goals by promoting a sense of purpose. Provides inspiration for a positive work attitude and prompts a strong wish to succeed in the team.
Direction and responsibility
Ensures that employees and peers have a clear understanding of, and commitment to, direction and tasks. Organizes resources, takes action and direct others toward successful execution. Drives projects forward to reach pivotal objectives, makes things happen and follows through.
Possesses an entrepreneurial- and strategic mindset and is drawn to settings and environments in which the amount of pre-established processes is scarce, while displaying the capacity to define and set up new processes.
Results and goal orientation
Is proactive, result-oriented, self-driven and persistent.Establishes visible, achievable, and ambitious goals. Focuses on action, activities and results whilst being mindful of team members’ individual needs. Is able to continue working at a specific problem, viewpoint or action plan until a result has been achieved, or until it is determined that an alternative approach is needed.
Robust and decisive
Is able to drive decisions and withstand or overcome adverse conditions. Encourages the achievement of set goals by promoting a sense of purpose, and by demonstrating strong drive, stamina, natural authority, and responsibility. Prompts a strong wish to succeed in the team and as an individual – in spite of adversity.
For further information:
Please contact Kristian H. Larsen
Head of Research
Albright Partners A/S at:
M: +45 7199 1504