SALES DIRECTOR, NORDIC
BRIEF COMPANY PROFILE
Our client is a medium-sized global MedTech company headquartered in the Öresund region with several years of history developing, manufacturing and selling innovative products globally to health care professionals.
Driven by a set of strong values, and with a promising pipeline of new groundbreaking products, our client offers a challenging position in an informal – though dedicated and dynamic – global organization with a high degree of interorganizational collaboration and focus on joint effort and commitment.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Sales, Nordic & Emerging Markets, the “Sales Director, Nordic” will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals within the Airway Management and Pulmonary (Bronchoscopy), ENT (Rhinolaryngoscopy) & the future Urology (Cystoscopy) product portfolios in the Nordic region.
The position will be responsible for ensuring continued growth and development of the Nordic sales platform – hereunder utilizing, managing and optimizing sales tools and sales processes, while growing the Bronchoscopy, ENT and Urology revenue streams based on increasing or maintaining procedure market share and hospital penetration.
With the direct leadership of 7 FTE’s (Sales Managers & Sales Consultants), the position will be overall responsible for ensuring effective management of the Nordic Sales Team, including people- and professional competence development.
Sales Director, Nordic
Vice President Sales, Nordic & Emerging Markets
30-40 days per year
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for sales of endoscopy devices within three key areas:
- Driving regional sales strategy and execution – embracing capital equipment and disposable device sales platforms.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing sales processes and sales planning – hereunder sales forecasting to meet short- and long-term goals.
- Driving improved adaptation of CRM tools and processes – hereunder ensuring improved reporting and accountability.
- Developing and maintaining a training platform educating health care professionals (MD’s, Nurses and like).
- Building and expanding the health economic/economic value argumentation capabilities within the sales organization.
- Developing and implementing a KOL strategy.
- Ensuring effective communication of agreed value propositions through proposals and presentations.
- Coaching, developing and motivating the Nordic Sales team (Sales Managers and Sales consultants) to deliver on company goals and ambitions.
- Providing advice and recommendations to assist the Sales Managers in making sound market decisions.
- Ensuring that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local and regional laws governing business operations.
- Ensuring seamless collaboration with key internal stakeholders – hereunder product marketing, market access etc.
Key success criteria:
- Successfully building and growing the Enterology and Urology product portfolios and revenues – hereunder achieving set targets within procedure market share and university hospital penetration.
- Successfully growing the Pulmonary product portfolio and revenues – hereunder maintaining the high level of university hospital penetration and expanding procedure market share.
- Ensuring successful launches of new products and life cycle management across therapy areas.
- Delivering on the sales cost and revenue budgets.
- Demonstrating decisive and effective leadership, underpinned by commercial acumen.
- Setting clear direction and expectation for the team while creating followership.
- Ensuring seamless and successful cooperation with key stakeholders – both internal and external stakeholders.
Preferably degree at M.Sc.-level in Economics, Business, Health Sciences or similar.
Fluent in English and at least one Scandinavian language – verbally and written.
Ideal experience and competencies:
- 5+ years of sales management experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience from a Medical Device/IVD company in the Nordic region.
- Experienced with regional tender processes.
- Documented experience with successful development and implementation of sales strategies.
- Experience with relation-driven sales.
- Documented experience with sales planning, sales optimization, pipeline management and performance analytics.
- Preferably clinical experience within enterology and/or urology.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare sector.
- Demonstrated strategic commercial acumen and capabilities preferably achieved from a regional or global setting combined with a solid track record in delivering substantial sales impact.
- Preferably experience with endoscopy and sales of disposable devices.
Results and goal orientation
Is proactive, result-oriented, self-driven and persistent. Establishes visible, achievable, and ambitious goals. Focuses on action, activities and results whilst being mindful of team members’ individual needs. Is able to continue working at a specific problem, viewpoint or action plan until a result has been achieved, or until it is determined that an alternative approach is needed.
Makes a good first impression, appears honest and sincere, appears trustworthy and competent, gains people's trust.
Direction and responsibility
Ensures that employees and peers have a clear understanding of, and commitment to, direction and tasks. Organizes resources, takes action and directs others toward successful execution. Drives projects forward to reach pivotal objectives, makes things happen and follows through.
Is independent, self-assured, has a realistic belief in own abilities to take suitable measures in the execution of tasks. Expects success regarding own initiatives and is able to maintain momentum in case of adversity.
Is able to establish and maintain relations with people at all levels internally as well as externally and make people feel at ease. Achieves agreement by dealing with disagreements and potential conflicts using diplomatic skills. Develops and maintains networks.
Collaborates and works well with others with a view to obtain the team's objectives. Shares information and supports others.
For further information:
Albright Partners A/S at:
M: +45 2233 2927